Friday, August 26, 2011

I found my MISSION!

So... I've creating this blog and the whole "2 Wheel America Challenge" in secret and haven't told my wife yet. I didn't want her to squash the dream before it even began. Now I am not saying  that my wife is a dream crusher but she is the practical one in the family and sometime my dreams are a little ridiculous.

So, last night, before we went to bed I told her that I wanted her to see something. I showed her the blog. She said she liked it... then she said, "wait... is this you!?!" Needless to say, I think I shocked her a little. She immediatly told me that it sounded like a great idea but it was missing something big. It needed a mission. Katie hit the nail on the head. This whole Challenge needs a reason... something to ride for.

Katie's immediate suggestion was Communities in Schools, a non-profit drop-out prevention program that she just started working with just a few months prior. It was a perfect idea. Communities in Schools send people to high drop-out schools with the mission to keep kids in school and provide a great education. They are in 200 schools across the nation and each year they grow and take on more schools.

Right now my idea is to ride to each school involved with CIS acoss the southern portion of the nation. At each school I would present my passion and career of film production. I would be a guest speaker to all those who would listen. I would explain what I've done in the industry, how I got there with help of my public schooling, and the films that I would currently be producing as I travel the "2 Wheel America Challenge."

I LOVE IT.

I have such a passion for public schooling and would love to lend my services in hopes of helping kids stay in school. I think my next step is to actually connect with Communities in Schools and see if they are actually interested in my proposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment